Monday, March 3, 2014

A Big Move for a Big Dream

Maybe not, like, a Really Big Dream, but...

Here's the skinny (or...shapely?):
1) Last week, I gave my two week notice at my job
2) This week, I'm packing up all of my belongings and
3) Moving from the city to the burbs. Well, more like country. Can you call it county if you live in a town, but are pretty much surrounded by farmland once you leave the town (which takes all of like, 5 minutes)?

This was already being planned, but DB and I moved up the move date significantly. Like, by 3 months, whatevs.

It's going to be exciting. And scary, and weird, and ohmygodwhatdoidowithmyself? Because the other part of this event--the Major part, really--is that I won't have to work full time. I can pick up some freelance work and focus on my personal aspirations 100%. That means the shop AND my writing.

I'm not one of those women who grew up wanting to be a stay-at-home wife or anything, but if the pieces are in place, and I can stay home to focus on what I REALLY want as a career with the only 'catch' being that I keep the house in order, then, my friends, that's no catch. That's a perfect situation for me.

Don't get me wrong, moving in with DB is a Huge deal, and I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't think we were ready, or we both weren't on the same page. There's so much to consider: finances, routines, PS3 vs xBox 360, getting around, making the home something you both want to live in. We already know each other's home habits, and if I didn't see DB as my best friend, I wouldn't be able to go through with it. It's just all fitting into place, and I'm incredibly grateful to be moving forward with him as well as having an opportunity to pursue my dreams full force.

Over the next few months we'll also be doing a lot of purging/spring cleaning to create my home office, and to truly make the house something we have both created. I'm thinking about posting those adventures, since he and I are cut from the same DIY cloth.

BUT ANYWAY, that's why I haven't been online. My entire life is changing a wee bit. Thankfully, I'll have plenty of booze and open fields to cope with it.

After this week, I will have virtually no excuse not to update this site (or my shop) on a regular basis. Or do yoga. Or do Zumba on my xBox. Or play my bass. Or finish my freaking novel. Or cook dinner. You get what I'm saying.

Yes, I'm writing this blog post while at work. What? It's my last week.

~A~

PS: In other news, I had my first SALE!  \o/   \o/   \o/

No comments:

Post a Comment