Thursday, September 19, 2013

Long Overdue Update

It has been a couple months since my last post. As expected, the busy schedule kept me from being able to update as much as I wanted to.

But, now that Dragon Con is over, it's time to unwind with some posting, a little (lotta) knitting, and a few other crafty things.

Current Projects:

1. That Fugly sweater: Oh boy. I really had to set this one aside once I started working on my costumes for Dragon Con (PS: I have NO progress pics of those...sorry! I'll do better next year), especially because I had to knit two ski masks for AR and I. But I'm now working on Sleeve #1, and hope to have the sweater finished by next week.

2. DIY projects around the new apartment: I actually have my drummer helping us out with all of these: He has the tools to cut large pieces of wood, and most likely has a better understanding of what's feasible in our space (read: we actually have a lot of space).  So far we're thinking about:
     a. Modular wall shelves in my bedroom
     b. Drop-leaf desk in my bedroom
     c. Custom frame for my Metalocalypse painting
     d. Wall shelves for dining room/kitchen
     e. Custom frame for printing press letters in dining room

I'm so excited about all of these projects! The only issue is finding enough time to have these done before the Holidays. I definitely want the frame and wall shelves handled before our Halloween party.

YES! I said 'Halloween Party'. I'm hoping to do a few DIY projects for it, involving party favors, and of course, a kickass cocktail menu!

3. Coding: So, the craftiness of this is completely subjective, but I do see coding as a creative endeavor. Think about the web designers and game creators of the coding world. And hell, what about those that build tests to be sure that the code is working correctly? Of course it takes creativity!
I hope to get back to my normal coding schedule to greatly increase my chances of getting work; even if it's just freelance basic work. Gotta start somewhere, right?

4. That novel I'm working on: Is back on track. I'm not sure what exactly triggered the new inspiration, but I'm running with it for as long as I can. But I will most likely NOT play a part in Nanowrimo this year. Not my thing, and I usually end up stressing myself out.

5. Screaming: It was inevitable; I'm in a hard rock/metal band. I've been slowly learning some techniques, because I really want to do it, but the guys just lit the fire beneath my vocals--they've written a song that will require me to scream, and this song will be premiered at our Halloween show on October 26! Haha, I love them for this. They know I work well under pressure.


All right, hopefully that is plenty for me to do over the next few months. If it isn't, then I'm just batshit crazy.

~Pusher. Of. Pens.~

No comments:

Post a Comment