Monday, July 15, 2013

Home sweet home. :)

Finally.

A place to call home.

I don't know about anyone else, but hopping from temporary situation to temporary situation weighs on the soul. I moved to Chicago with the intention of creating a new home, and now, 4 years later, I'm finally beginning to feel that.

The new place is pretty great. My Awesome Roommate (AR) and I have been decorating and building like madwomen. The walls are being geeked up like crazy, the dining area is basically turning into a bar, and the kitchen, well... we make do.

This is the first time I've unpacked all of my things since 2009.  Yeah.

That being said, I have a desk to work at again! And now that things are beginning to calm down in the 'life changes' department, I can get back to focusing on the rest of my life:

1a. That damn Fugly Sweater. Beginning work on Arm #1. I know, I still owe you pictures. They're coming, I promise!

1b. More yarn projects: I've missed my needles (the only kind I could ever miss, ha), but this whole time I've been queuing up projects to work on, and I cannot wait to get started. :D

2. The store: We talked about this. My entrepreneurial aspirations are currently on hold until further notice.

3. Cosplay: With Dragon*Con coming up over Labor Day weekend, AR and I have LOTS to prepare for. And wouldn't ya know it, we're a wee bit behind.

4. Coding: After talking to a contact that works in a startup design and development company, the confidence in my abilities (or rather, the capacity to strengthen them) raised significantly, but I knew that it would be beneficial to actually develop some contacts as I go along.  So I joined the Chicago Women Developers group.  They have a Hack Night every Thursday where women of all skill levels bring projects to work on or to socialize. I'd like to check it out this week, so I'll be bringing a project with me in case I start freaking out about meeting new people. Because I do that. A lot. I'm the girl that will back away from an introduction if I feel uncomfortable. How this coincides with my love for performing on stage is a mystery.

So there you have it.  I'm back to 100%--which involves working on a ton of different projects at once, making task lists on paper/online/on my hand, freaking out about deadlines, losing sleep to get something 'just right', having virtually no social life, and loving every minute of it.

And people ask me why I'm single. :p  

~Pusher.Of.Pens.~

No comments:

Post a Comment