Thursday, June 20, 2013

Still Here! Just...busy (Warning: Nerdy)

Hey all, just wanted to post as an act of good faith.  I'm still here, just busier than normal.  Things at work keep me from surfing the web so often (horrible news, I know), and things with the band are starting to pick up. I'll be moving into the new place on July 1st, so preparation has been crazy for that.

I have still been knitting, though, but more on the personal side.  I'm back to working on that Fugly Sweater I began so long ago, and am now about 50% finished with it! I'll be posting pics on here soon. It's super Fugly, I can't wait to wear it and burn retinas.

Still intend for the store to happen, but life changes have caused me to look at my original intention from a different perspective. I don't know 100% what this actually means, but when I find out, anyone reading this will be the first to know. :)

Lately the focus has been my band--we're beginning to market ourselves (photos, merch, flyers), develop an online web presence, set a date to get in the studio and start booking shows. Yeah. All of those things.

Outside of the band and the fugly sweater, I have just been coding like a madwoman. I don't know, there's just something about it that makes me feel more...self-reliant? Powerful, even? Whatever. I love what I'm doing, and just running with it to see where it takes me. Maybe a different career?

I'm about 80% of the way done with my HTML/CSS track on Codecademy, but that's just the beginning. I'll be going back to finish Javascript (about 58% done) and Python (about 41% done), and who knows? I'd like to have some sort of fun project to work on over the summer using what I've learned, so I'm just taking in as much information as I can from as many sources as possible.

I knew I'd be a hacker someday. :p

~Pusher. Of. Pens.~

No comments:

Post a Comment