Saturday, January 26, 2013

New Project: Cropped Sweater

So, while I'm working on these other seven projects (kidding; it's only five.), I decided to start work on my first sweater!

I wanted to start out with something simple, with no sizing needed. I just want to get used to putting the pieces together. I chose this cropped boatneck sweater pattern (you can also find it on Ravelry).  As you can see, it has simple stitches, a little bit of increasing, and no need for fitting.

I figured my first sweater was going to end up being something I slept or lounged in anyway, so I chose these yarns:


Yeah, you're looking at five colors there. It's a bunch of acrylic that I wont use for anything else, so I figured I'd combine the tacky quintet and just make one Fugly Ass Sweater. The actual knitting is going by pretty quickly, since I'm using 10.5 sized needles (which I think are too big for the yarn I'm using, but HEY), so I hope to have it done in the next couple weeks.

Here's a progress photo:


Yep. Pretty boring. 

The actual pattern called for 2.5" of 1x1 rib at the bottom, but I hate ribbing on the bottom of sweaters (even cropped ones), so I only did 2 rows--just enough to give it a finished edge.

I'll be continuing this pattern for the entire back, marking off the armholes, and then adding the 1x1 ribbing for the neck (which I will keep).  

And then I get to do it ALL OVER AGAIN for the front. Woot?  


~Pusher. Of. Pens.~

No comments:

Post a Comment