Sunday, October 16, 2011

Quick Update! (Hair and Gloves!)

Hey all,

So, I finished my hair! This time it only took 8 hours. :)

Sexy, No?

But then I braided it and dipped it in near-boiling water, and this happened:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the 'body' has left the building. I dunno, I thought it would fluff back up once it dried, but that did not happen at all. Because, of course, yarn shrinks when hit with hot water. Ah, well. I still like the crimped(ish) look, so it's not a big deal. Lesson learned for next time, though. Maybe when I redo them I'll make the parts a little smaller so that it at least looks fuller (like I did the first time I put them in).

Either way, I am so relieved to have my darling mane back in. I missed her!



In other news, I am currently working on some "knucks" (Fingerless gloves to the first knuckle) and I just wanted to show you all my thumb!


So cute! But it seems a little big. I used the sizing gauge from the pattern for the fingers, and it gives you sizing for children's, women's and men's gloves. Well, my fingers are pretty slim, so it looks like I might be using the child sizes for my fingers. Geeze. But I'm going to keep going with Women's to check the finished product. After all, I'm not calculating what happens when the fingers are attached to the rest of the glove. So we'll see! Today I'd like to get through at least five fingers before my eyes and fingers begin to fail me from exhaustion.

Kay, knitting, knitting, knitting away. (and playing with hairstyles in between)

~Pusher. Of. Pens.~

No comments:

Post a Comment