Sure, it's too short, and it started out a little skinner than it ended up, but guys... I completed something! Besides, it's the perfect size for this new trend I'm really pushing to start:
It's called 'Knit-Bandit Chic'. And it's the next hottest thing for all the other knitters out there. Just imagine if I could start a guild of Knit-Bandits, pillaging yarn stores, discarding shitty fabrics with huge gypsy bonfires, knit fu training... afghan only parties... Mm....
But anyway, I started a new project, working with both the knit and purl stitches: Coasters! Here's how mine looks so far...I like the way it looks, but I think I'll modify it. It's too big for a normal coaster, so I suppose it would be good for huge mugs, or smaller tea pots. I think I may attempt a couple of bracelet ideas with this yarn, too. It's cotton, and was a couple bucks more than the acrylic I used for the scarf, but well worth it. I originally tried the coaster on a much cheaper brand of cotton, and it just kept separating, causing me to create extra loops, and got all unravel-y. But I bought it in blue and purple, and need to use it, so I'll try something much simpler with that yarn.
Anyway, I started this last night, and am about 75% of the way done, so these are super quick. My goal is to have four done by Sunday. But I really want to work more on accuracy now, getting the rows the same size, not pulling too tight.
All right, off to dinner and karaoke!
~Pusher. Of. Pens.~