Saturday, May 28, 2011

Oh! I have a blog over here, too.

For those of you who are unaware, I have two blogs. The other one is HERE!

If you check that one out, you will see that I started a Writing/Posting Challenge for myself. To write and post in my blog for 30 consecutive days. Since I realized that I have two blogs, and the other is much more 'literary' charged, I figured I would include this one in the challenge for unrelated posts.

As an official introduction to this blog, my intentions here were to use it to express my crafty, hands-on side. I have a tendency to take on lots of projects that involve those muscles and bones distal to (and including) my carpals. I love to put things together, be it bookshelves, tables, Lego Sets or puzzles. I also like to try my hand at sewing, jewelry making, painting, gardening, and my newest development (seriously, I started it today)....

KNITTING!
So the rumors about what showgirls do backstage were true...

I had been considering it for a long time, but in light of my recent life events (read: Quarter Life Crisis), knitting has been looking a lot more appealing these days. So today, after looking up some basics on the net, I trotted over to the fabric store, picked up needles and 2 balls of yarn to play with, and began to teach myself. I decided I would do a semi-skinny scarf for my first project. Here's how it's going so far:






I had my materials bought (Pink Needles?!), and got off to a great start!







Working hard... I drooled a few times, but I read that it's very common for beginner knitters.







Hm... I lost a stitch. And a needle....








I don't... I don't remember all this yarn in my lap...







Shit.







So you see? Things are going great! I can't wait to see how this scarf turns out... although I'm pretty sure it should be a rectangle and not a T shaped Tetris block. How did I do that?

~Pusher. Of. Pens.~

P.S. Check out my other blog if you're in the mood for an Ode to Old-Fashioned Handwriting.

No comments:

Post a Comment