Monday, May 6, 2013

Music, Moda, Money and Mise en Place.

Hello, hello hello!

Hopefully everyone had a Rockin Cinco de Mayo weekend. I certainly did. Music was made, tequila and pizza was consumed, and the weather was beautiful.

In this post, I just want to share a few things that are totally inspiring me right now.

1. Band Demo!!
So, as you may have guessed, I've been with my band all weekend (drinking, mostly), running through a potential set list (while drunk) and working on the mix for our first demo (while hungover). Considering it was done in a garage(full of beer cans), the sound came out pretty dang well. If you want to give it a listen, go here:

Click me to Listen!
Note: We really weren't drunk during the recording. Also, It's hard rock/metal. And no, I'm not screaming. But my drummer is :)


2. Collages have never been so much fun.
Krakken me up (A Lovecraftian comedy).

Over the last week, I've been a little obsessed with Polyvore. I never really understood the reason for it at first--I mean, I can't buy most of the shit I post--but now I absolutely love it. I think Pinterest really pushed me to a greater appreciation for visual expression through fashion, without the desire to be immediately gratified by spending money I don't have on a $120 sweater. And the loads of inspiration you can get just from looking at someone else's set! Ay, Dios mio, I could go through it all day.  You can find my stuff here:

Click me to see my Profile!

3. The Currency of the Future?
EB sent me a great TED talk today by Rachel Botsman. She speaks on the significant increase in collaborative consumption--thanks to marketplaces like Etsy, TaskRabbit, eBay, etc--and how the focus on reputation by peers is changing the way we see each other. She goes on some crazy talk about building trust with strangers and the Credit Score possibly becoming obsolete (Don't get me excited, woman), and hits on some fantastic points; the good, the bad, and totally fucking awesome. I highly suggest you watch it:

Click me to have your mind blown.

4. Simple and Sweet. 
Like this one here:

I love her 'Things I hold' posts. They're so simple and pretty. I always pay attention to her nail polish, too...not sure why I enjoy that so much (Nail polish fetish? Is that a real thing?). :)  Oh, and she has a darling shop with crocheted wares and cute home items called Oh Leander. Check them out!

5. Speaking of photography...

This girl has some great photos, as well as style. She makes me want to take a photography class, and just go nuts. So I think I will. :) And just to draw me in even further, her posts can also be pretty empowering when relating to single women. Honestly, I think it applies to any woman figuring herself out--As someone relatively fresh into a relationship, I am trying to work a balancing act that allows me to let EB into my life without me feeling like he gets too much of my time; which is probably why I do a lot of work when I'm around him. Probably too much, but...Baby Steps, people.
I'm just saying that her words definitely hit various nails on their heads. I have happily made her blog a new addition to my Feedly Reader.


That's all I've got. Get inspired, folks. Get funky fresh (and clean?) with your creativity.

~Pusher. Of. Pens.~

No comments:

Post a Comment