Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I've been a bad, bad girl. (But there's PICTURES)

Hey all,

Had to take a personal hiatus over the summer, but it is Autumn, and I am back, recharged, and ready to knit!

And guess what?!  I made a thing! And I'm working on another thing(s)!

My proudest piece to date: I made me a hat.




It was so incredibly easy, quick, and frakkin adorable.  I want to make them for all my friends. But for now, I'm just going to use up the cotton I have and make a couple more hats. Perhaps I'll give a couple away as gifts, or even better...TRADE.


Also, I created my first pattern for a pair of armwarmers! Yay!





I call em 'Saggy Knuckle Tuckers' due to their wide, slouchy state. I used the waffle stitch as a pattern accent, and used stockinette stitch along the main length to help keep the shape a little better. I ran out of yarn at the very end, so they're a wee bit asymmetrical. Works, though. My intention is to make a pair of armwarmers for every day of the week (different patterns and colors, of course). I have a small obsession with them. Just a small one.

Here's the second pair, 'A Mortician's Best Friend'.  I went with a double moss stitch from the wrist up and made them extra long to cover the elbows. These went super fast as well.




I'll be posting the patterns for both of these on Ravelry once I've made a few more.

I'm now working on a pair for a friend and her daughter (and her son, once he realizes that he wants some).


Also, here is the Anthro-scarflet ('Mammary Muff' in my book) in action (I finally weaved in those damn ends, but kinda skipped the blocking):




Kapow. Sexy, no? (Meh)

I don't know, perhaps the hiatus renewed my borderline zealous vigor for yarn, or the arrival of Autumn just makes me a yarn nutbag...either way, I'm all over the place with projects once again, and just spent 50 bucks at the fabric store.

So, expect more posts. Yeah, seriously. I don't know what else to do with all this shit.

Also... taught myself how to crochet last week. Mind is blown.  I'll post about that next time.

On deck:
1. First crocheted scarf
2. Third pair of armwarmers (for little girls)
3. Custom piece update
4. The yarn haul I didn't tell you about

Until then, I've gotta get back to playing Dragon Age: Origins.

~Pusher. Of. Pens.~

No comments:

Post a Comment